I can’t install gems after I did a fresh install of PCLinuxOS:
[root@localhost andoy]# gem install RedCloth Building native extensions. This could take a while... ERROR: Error installing RedCloth: ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension. /usr/bin/ruby extconf.rb install RedCloth can't find header files for ruby.
To solve this, just install the development package for ruby, while I’m at it, I’ll also install the documentation.
- search for ruby-devel and ruby-doc
- right-click ‘Mark for installtion’
Or from konsole as root:
apt-get install ruby-devel ruby-doc
I just waited until the download finished and voila!
[root@localhost andoy]# gem install RedCloth Building native extensions. This could take a while... Successfully installed RedCloth-4.0.3 1 gem installed Installing ri documentation for RedCloth-4.0.3... Installing RDoc documentation for RedCloth-4.0.3...
Hope this helps someone.tags: PCLinuxOS category: tips
- OCD-free ruby-1.9.2-p180 on Ubuntu 10.10
- Install CDR King Zen PC Camera on Linux
- Wirble on Windoze without Rails
- PCLinuxOS distro hopper stopper, 2009 Beta 1 is out
- Daemonize Your Gems in PCLinuxOS